Packaging & Print Finishing
(Foil, Emboss, Die Cut, Fold & Glue)
Adding the Finishing Touches
C&D’s primary bindery service areas include:
An important stage of print production occurs between the time we put ink on paper and deliver the finished product to our clients. We have the most modern and state of the art finishing equipment to accommodate your most critical projects.
- Computerized Polar Cutting Systems: to ensure every piece is finished to perfection.
- MBO Folders: to ascertain any number of folds your project will need to finish with perfection.
- Saddle Stitched Binding: can be used for most any size catalog or book up to 96 pages, depending on the weight of the paper. Our inline cover feeder can handle separate covers and the heavier papers.
- Inline Calendar punch: also available on our saddle stitchers, can be used for almost any size or position with variable size punches.
- 3-Hole Punch: our inline 3-hole punch system can drill 1/4″, 3/8″, or 5/16″ holes.
- Perfect Binding: is usually for catalogs and books of more than 64 pages. Perfect binding requires use of a separate cover.
Special Bindery Features:
- Plastic Coil: using plastic coil 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 allows a book to lay flat but open unevenly. Plastic coil binding can be used for small to large page counts and larger finish sizes.
- Wire O Binding: using Wire O Binders, books will lay flat and have a much more distinct finished look. This binding can be used for large or small page counts and large or small finished sizes.
- Case Binding: Coffee Table type book covers are made with very heavy board with a glued wrapped cover of heavy text weight paper hinged to open perfectly and lays fairly flat. These books can be almost any size and of any page count.
- Letter Press: Experts in foiling, embossing, die cutting, folding and gluing any design you can challenge us with. All cutting dies are custom made in house.
- Hand Assembly: some printed projects require special hand assembly. When necessary, the C&D team handles three-dimensional, point-of-sale pieces, calendars and other special projects.We engineer all parts of the product for a perfect fit.
- Attaching System: newly added, the Kirk Rudy Model KR 203P sample attach system accurately places and quick setting hot-melt adhesive secures samples (cards, keys in paper, plastic, vinyl or metal substrates) in position. Where appropriate, peel – away adhesives permit sample removal and are easy to clean up.